Hello again, dearest reader! As you might have noticed, I have been updating my blog quite recently with many varying bits and bobs of content. This time, however, I thought that we could do something different. When I say ‘we’, I actually mean you, the reader of this blog post. I only work here. You see, this is going to be a kind of mental questionnaire that you can fill in and answer in your own head. You don’t have to answer anything in the comments, just answer to yourself. Take your time, and really think about this. And be honest when answering; maybe this small game of ours will make you think about life from another perspective.
Sit down with a cup of your preferred drink, and put your thinking cap on. I ask, and you answer.
Who are you?
- What makes you, you?
- Are you a brain controlling a body?
- Or are you a human being, a character of sorts?
- Does it sometimes feel like you are many different personalities stuck in one brain?
- Do you feel comfortable being yourself?
- Do you have a definable personality, explainable in words?
- Or is it more complicated than that?
- What are the things that have influenced you to be like you?
Are you happy?
- What makes you happy? Why?
- How much time do you spend doing the things that make you happy?
- What is happiness to you?
- Do you spread happiness?
- Is it something concrete, and explainable?
- Or is it more complex or more simple than that, just your brain giving you a dose of dopamine, oxytocin, serotonin, and endorphins?
- Do you seek happiness?
- Or do you happen to stumble by it?
What is life to you?
- What do you want from life?
- Is life good to you?
- Have you made mistakes in your life?
- Have you set goals for your life? What kind?
- Is life a series of predetermined phases?
- Or is it more than that?
- Do you live the life you want to?
- Is there something you want to change about your own life?
- If so, can you change it, and why haven’t you changed it yet?
What are you good at?
- Do you have a certain set of skills?
- Are you talented at doing something? What is it?
- Have you trained hard for a skill?
- Or do you have natural talents/skills?
- Do you think you might have a secret talent for something you haven’t discovered yet?
- Are you content with the skills you have?
- Or do you want even more?
- What are you most talented at?
- Do you think you could be the best ever at something?
Where is home?
- Do you have a home?
- Are you currently living in a home?
- Or do you live in your home?
- Is ‘home’ a concept to you, or just your current living place?
- How do you define home?
- What makes a house a home?
- Is home the place where your family lives?
- Or maybe the place you used to live in, in your home town?
- Can someone have multiple homes?
- Is the saying ‘home is where your heart is’ true?
What do you fear?
- Do you have fears?
- What is it that you fear the most?
- Or are you fearless?
- Are your fears something you could defeat?
- What did you fear when you were a child?
- Is death something you fear?
- Have you gotten over a fear before?
- If so, how did you do it?
What is love?
Baby don’t hurt me, no more.
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
- Who do you love?
- What do you love?
- Do you express love?
- Or do you stifle it?
- Have you loved many people at the same time?
- Did you once love someone, and do not anymore? Why?
- Is love a stronger feeling than hate?
- Do you think people are predestined to love each other?
- Do you love someone right now, and you haven’t told them? Why?
What makes you smile? (General questions)
Think about your life right now.
- What are the things that make you smile about your life?
- Are you thankful for something or someone?
- Are you feeling sad?
- Is there something that could make that sadness go away?
- Are you currently moving towards the goals that you have set for yourself in life?
- Do you feel inspired?
- Are you going to use that feeling to create something?
- What did you think about this quiz?
- What is boring as hell, or did you think about something interesting?
Hello again friend! I see that you’ve made it to the end of my little thought experiment. I’ll save you from asking anymore questions at this point. However, consider leaving your overall thoughts as feedback! If you liked doing some mental arithmetic on a Monday (or whichever day you are reading this on), consider sharing this post to someone else!
Answering questions like the ones I’ve written above is quite the difficult task indeed. Our lives, and the things that affect and surround them are sometimes quite hard to pinpoint exactly. It is almost impossible to talk/think about your own life in only a few short thoughts and sentences.
I really hope you enjoyed this game of ours. Have a great rest of the week!